Today's Recipe: Asian Style Lemon Chicken! Why buy take out when it's sooo easy to make at home! Here's the recipe!
What you'll need:
- 4 Skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of powdered ginger
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Cut chicken up in small bite size pieces and marinade in soy sauce no longer than 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Make your batter by thoroughly mixing all of the ingredients
- After 30 minutes pour the batter onto the chicken and coat it completely
- Heat up your sesame oil in a wok and when it's hot, fry the chicken until golden on all sides.
in the meantime...
- Heat up your canola oil in a small sauce pan
- Remove the chicken from the heat and let it rest on paper towels
- Using a whisk, combine chicken broth, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt and 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring. Make sure there are no cornstarch lumps left in the mix.
- Add that mixture to the warm oil and let it cook on med. low until it comes to a boil. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Pour the lemon sauce over the chicken and let it rest for a minute.
- Serve warm and enjoy!!