Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lemon Herb Chicken

I got the idea for this recipe from a show I always watch, "Venetia at home in Tokyo".  I absolutely love this show about an English woman living in Kyoto, Japan. She makes some amazing food among other things. This was just on this past weekend, I used lemon herb tea instead of fresh lemon herbs like she did because I can't find that where I live. The chicken comes out sooo delicious and juicy, you won't believe how easy it was to make!


Here's how I made it.



What you'll need:

  • 2 skinless and boneless c hicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1/4 cup of lemon herb tea
  • 1/4 cup of lemon juice
  • Wok
What to do:

  1. Melt the butter in a wok.
  2. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on your chicken and cover with flour.
  3. Place chicken inside wok and cook at med. heat.
  4. Let the chicken cook evenly on both sides uncovered.  Allow the butter to surround the chicken.
  5. When the chicken is fully cooked and golden brown add the tea, lemon juice and cover it.
  6. Cook it an additional 2-3 minutes on both sides.
  7. Take away from heat and serve!
  8. Enjoy!

Pin this!