I got the idea for this recipe from a show I always watch, "Venetia at home in Tokyo". I absolutely love this show about an English woman living in Kyoto, Japan. She makes some amazing food among other things. This was just on this past weekend, I used lemon herb tea instead of fresh lemon herbs like she did because I can't find that where I live. The chicken comes out sooo delicious and juicy, you won't believe how easy it was to make!
Here's how I made it.
What you'll need:
- 2 skinless and boneless c hicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of lemon herb tea
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a wok.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on your chicken and cover with flour.
- Place chicken inside wok and cook at med. heat.
- Let the chicken cook evenly on both sides uncovered. Allow the butter to surround the chicken.
- When the chicken is fully cooked and golden brown add the tea, lemon juice and cover it.
- Cook it an additional 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Take away from heat and serve!