Friday, August 12, 2011

Mango Lassi



If you follow my blog, by now you know that I'm in love with mangoes!! If I could live off of mangoes I probably would!
I had mango lassi in Japan at different Indian restaurants and it became my favorite drink.
It really is very simple to make, here's an easy recipe that my whole family loves!!

What you need:
1 large mango
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup milk
4 tsp. sugar- or to taste

Here's what to do:

* I like to cut up my mango into small bite size pieces and freeze them for at least an hour before making the lassi, but you don't HAVE to do that *
  1. Peel, and cut your mango into small pieces, place in blender and puree about 15 seconds.
  2. Add yogurt, milk and sugar to puree and blend another 20 seconds.
  3. garnish with mint, powdered ginger, cardamom or chopped pistachios.
  4. Serve cold and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and respectful with your comments.
xoxo

Pin this!