Hi everyone! Here's a recipe for an easy and yummy summer treat! Ceviche is a refreshing, sweet and tangy dish that can be used as a side dish, snack or appetizer. Originally from Peru, it's now very popular in all of Central and South America. You can use a number of different ingredients for ceviche but this one is definitely my favorite, the sweetness of the mango goes so well with the lemon-lime mixture!
Here's what you need:
- 1 mango, cut into very small bite size pieces
- 1 cup small, raw, peeled and deveined shrimp,chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- salt to taste
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of cumin
- In a large bowl add, mango, shrimp, onion, tomato, cilantro, lime,lemon juice and vinegar.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, the lime and lemon juice will "cook" the shrimp (or any other seafood you use)
- Before serving add salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Serve cold and enjoy!