Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Family Portraits and Blackberry Ice Cream

Hi everyone! well it's been a while since I blogged about anything but food... so I thought I could use these few free minutes that I have to share some stuff.
First of all I want to share these family portraits that we had taken a few weeks ago by a friend here in 29 palms. Here name is Lily and she does the most amazing work! here's a direct link to her Facebook fan page:BlahBlahBebe Photography 
 

 

 





I am in love with these pictures!!  How lucky am I to have such a talented friend?!
As for us,not much is going on these days... We are just patiently and anxiously waiting to find out where we're going next. We still have about 9 months here in the desert but I can't stop thinking about it!
For now I'm just keeping very busy on World of Jackie Designs, I'm very grateful for all the orders I've been getting. I'll post more pictures of the new stuff in a few days!

Oh yea one more thing, I want to share a simple and delicious ice cream recipe. Blackberry ice cream, I've been obsessed with blackberries for the last few weeks. Maybe it's because I had over my Colombian friends for July 20th and they made Jugo de Mora at my house (blackberry juice), a very popular Colombian drink. Ever since that day I've been craving it like crazy! lol.  Anyway... here it is

What you'll need:
1-12oz. bag of frozen blackberries
1 -8 oz tub of whipped cream
1- 14oz. can condensed milk

Here's what to do:
  1. In a blender, puree the blackberries with a little bit of water.
  2. Strain the blackberry puree through a colander and place in a big bowl.
  3. To the strained puree add the condensed milk and whipped cream, mix well with a whisk.
  4. Freeze overnight.
  5. Serve and enjoy!



                                              







Perfect for a hot summer day!

Pin this!