We had a great 4th of July weekend with good friends.
Went to three different BBQs, ate a lot of good food and just relaxed!
I took some yummy flan to one of the celebrations!
Here's the recipe:
1 (12oz) can of evaporated milk
1 (14 oz) can of condensed milk
(add one package of cream cheese for Cheese Flan)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
whipped cream (optional)
Here's what to do:
- Pre heat oven to 350 F
- Melt the sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat until caramelized.
- Grease a round cake dish and pour the caramelized sugar onto the bottom. (Work quickly because sugars hardens very quickly when cooled) You can also use individual ramekins.
- Beat the eggs with a wisk until foamy.
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and vanilla extract to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the cake dish (the sugar should be completely hard by now).
- Remove from water bath (careful not to get any of the water inside the flan)
|Enjoying the 4th of July with my baby|