Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mexican Salsa


I love making this salsa for tortilla chips, to top grilled chicken, meat or any Mexican dish I make.
Salsa is traditionally made with some kind of Chile like Serrano, but I'm not a fan of spicy food so I don't use chiles. Here's how I make it.



Ingredients:
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1  bunch of cilantro
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp white vinegar (optional, I just love the taste!)
  • 1 tsp salt (approx.)
How to make it:
  1. Dice your onion and tomatoes, add them to a bowl.
  2. Mince your garlic and add it to the bowl.
  3. Grab a handful of cilantro and finely chop it, add it to the bowl.
  4. Add lime juice, vinegar and salt.
  5. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
  6. Enjoy with your favorite food!
salsa on grilled chicken

Pin this!