- 1/2 bag of dried lentils
- 5 cups of water
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 small tomato
- handful of cilantro
- salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- pinch of cumin
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
Here's what to do:
- Rinse dried lentils and place them in large pot with water on med. high heat.
- Let it come to a boil, it will take about 20 minutes.
- Continue cooking on med. low heat for another 30 minutes.
- Saute finely chopped onion, tomato and cilantro with vegetable oil for 5 minutes.
- Place the sauteed veggies plus 2 tbsp of cooked lentils in a food processor and blend for about 15 seconds.
- Place mixture back in the pot with the rest of the cooked lentils, add salt, garlic powder and cumin. Let simmer for about 15 more minutes on low heat.
The soup has a creamy texture, perfect served with rice and any kind of meat!