Saturday, June 18, 2011

Huevos Pericos (Colombian Scrambled Eggs)


In Honor of Father's day Today I will be sharing something my dad always made for us! Colombian scrambled eggs. Weekend breakfasts are his specialty! When we were growing there wasn't a weekend that he wouldn't get up early and make us these huge breakfasts!! Until this day whenever I go home or he visits my house, he always makes us breakfast and brings back such great memories!
We serve these scrambled eggs with arepas and hot chocolate!

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 large tomato (finely chopped)
  • 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
  • 2 scallions (finely chopped)
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • salt and garlic powder to taste
Here's what to do:

  1. Heat the oil and add the tomatoes, onions and scallions.
  2. Cook on med. heat until onions are translucent.
  3. In a large bowl beat eggs with whisk and add them to the veggies.
  4. Cook on med. low heat until eggs are cooked through, occasionally stirring.
  5. Season with salt and garlic powder to taste.
  6. Serve with an arepa and a cup of hot chocolate.
*He also sometimes mixes in little chunks of guava paste or sweet plantain, the sweetness of it taste fabulous with the eggs!!*

Enjoy!


  Happy Father's Day dad! Love you :)

5 comments:

  1. what a perfect way to enjoy eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie!
    Im super happy that you posted this recipe up. I can't wait to try it. I will let you know how it comes out. Thanks!

    Zamira

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're going to try it! Can't wait to hear about it! :)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie,
    I Wanted to let you know that I just made your Huevos Pericos. They came out sooo good! Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
    Zamira

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great to hear! :) No problem at all! =)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous and respectful with your comments.
xoxo

Pin this!