I've made this recipe so many times and my husband always gets super excited when he comes home and smells what's cooking! This is a simple yet delicious meal that you can make in no time at all and I promise your family will love it!
Here's what you need:
- About 1 lb of chicken cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of mojo criollo marinade
- 2 ripe mangoes
- handful of cilantro,finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
Here's what to do:
- In a small bowl add onions, garlic, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, vinegar, Olive oil and salt
- Cut mango into chunks and add to onion mixture. Cover and refrigerate until you chicken is cooked.
- In a large skillet heat the vegetable oil and add the chicken. Let brown on all sides
- Add the mojo and cover. Let simmer for 10- 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken and top with mango salsa.
- garnish with pieces of cilantro.
- I love serving this with a side of brown rice.