Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DIY Wall Art



Hey guys, happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a fun three day weekend. For us is was a stay at home kind of weekend. Catching up on projects around the house and just relaxing. I decided to do a little redecorating and was suddenly inspired to do some painting. I haven't painted in a very long time and just had to need to do it.
I had been searching for the perfect thing to put on a bathroom wall but haven't had any luck so far, all of a sudden I was inspired by the rug that has been on that floor for almost two years. A simple leaf was my inspiration.


So, I went to my local arts and craft store and purchased four 8x 10 canvases. Painted two of them tan and the other two a hunter green. I also used cabinet liner to give it texture after the first coat of paint.
                                            
                                                                          
               

I painted two of them with white leaves and the other two with green leaves. the good thing about doing your own art work for your home is that there is no right or wrong way of doing it! ;)




I also used canvases to decorate my daughter's room a few years ago. Instead of painting it I used fabric and some black ribbon. 



I think what I will do later on is add more ribbon and use it for displaying her pictures. But it looks really cute in her room right now. I believe these canvases are 11x14.

You could also use prints to cover canvases and give them a very personal touch, and a lot less expensive than buying expensive pieces of art. 

Do you make your own art work for your home? Have any other cool ideas? Leave a comment and let me know!

Have a great week! xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Jackie. Cuando vi estos cuadro decorativos estab convencida que los compraste en alguna tienda. Estan lindos y muy bien hechos.

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous and respectful with your comments.
xoxo

Pin this!