Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Paper Stocking Craft


Hey guys! I've been super busy for the last few weeks working on Christmas crafts around the house, not to mention all the baking!! I'm so happy with the way the house is turning out. I'm visiting my parents for the holidays and I'm helping them redecorate one of their living rooms. I am still in the process of giving it it's finishing touches but it's coming out really nice. I'll be posting some pics of the process in the next few days, but for now I have a Christmas crafts to show you, I made this with my three year old daughter and she had fun! Specially since it imitates hand sewing (and she always wants to do the same as mommy), It's very easy and a fun activity for young kids. there are more to come!

Here's what you need:
2 sheets of red construction paper
Hole puncher
White yarn
Clear tape
Scissors
glue

Here's what to do:
While holding both pieces of construction paper,cut out the shape of a stocking.





Punch some holes along the edge of the stocking.




Wrap one end of the string with tape, this makes going in and out of the holes easy for little kids.



Tie a knot in the first hole and have your child "sew" along the stocking, going from the front to the back...and so on.





When you are done with the last one tie a knot on the back side. (You can use the yarn on the back to hang it)



Cut out another short piece of white yarn and tie a bow, glue it to the front of the stocking and hold it for a few moments.




Tada! All done, I am going to hang it on the wall and place my Christmas cards around it!



Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and respectful with your comments.
xoxo

Pin this!