1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp of salt
3 tbsp of all purpose flour
non-stick cooking spray
Queso fresco or mozzarella cheese to serve
- Grind corn kernels,sugar and salt.
- With spoon mix the corn mixture with flour.
- Heat greased griddle and pour batter to make the arepa.
- Cook about 5 minutes on medium heat on each side until golden brown and crispy.( you can also finish them in the oven for 5 minutes on 300 degrees if they are too difficult to handle)
- Serve immediately and add a slice of cheese on top. These are great with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee! :)